Various ethnic groups have characteristic skin traits specific to their groups. Finding the right face moisturizers for your specific skin type is a very important part of your everyday skin care regimen.
African American skin type is considerably thicker compared to skin of Caucasian individuals with wider pores and distinctive tendency to oily and combination skin. Additionally, African American skin types are less prone to sun damage, however it's still important to purchase skin moisturizers containing sunscreens. Black skin also requires much less emollients and purchasing a good water based moisturizer can help moisturize your skin without leaving unnecessary greasy residue that can clog pores. You might be tempted to go without moisturizers if you have oily skin, however, your skin might look ashy if not well nourished.
For your consideration we have selected a list of top 5 face moisturizers for black women.
1. Bobby Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free. This is perhaps the best tinted moisturizer for oily skin that was designed by a famous celebrity make up artist Bobby Brown. Its lightweight formula goes on smoothly and keeps skin matte throughout the day.
2. Dermatologica Oil Control Lotion is a godsend product for women of color, especially if their skin is oily and acne prone. This lotion is formulated to include a unique micro sponge complex that keeps your skin oil free all day. Additional ingredient salicylic acid fights acne before it emerges.
3. Biore Duel Fusion SPF 30 is a great face moisturizer for black women because it serves multiple purposes ranging form excellent skin nourishment, T-zone control and superior sun damage protection.
4. Neutorogena Oil Free Moisture SPF 15 is the best moisturizer for sensitive skin that will not break your bank. This product could be found at a modest price at most drug stores delivering non greasy moisture, sun protection without harsh perfume dyes and alcohol.
5. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is a hypoallergenic and non acnegenic moisturizer for black women. Provides excellent non greasy moisture for your oily or combination skin and superb skin nourishment.
Take special care in finding the best face moisturizers for your skin type to address ethnic or age related issues you might be having like acne, fine lines, lack of firmness or need for sun damage protection.
The information provided in this article is intended for general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions.